Thursday, November 4, 2010

Reflections from class 11/4

Note: Get article off Professor Boyer's twitter (Experimental school gets rid of classes, teachers)
From group disscusion remember to set expations of assignments before people move or start an activity. But the group did a great job with visual aids.  They used a venn diagram to organize the information.  (Sciblink can b used to have everyone organize info at the same time if u share the same link.)

I found the article  about experimental school very interesting.  This idea is school-wide.  But I like the idea so much I think it's possible to use one classroom within a school.  It might not be possibe to structure the whole day in this way since it has to be cohessive with the rest of the school's schedule to a point.  I like the asspect of viewing the teacher as an advisor, much of the information is accessed directly by students, the work-like structure of the classroom, and the length of a subject's study is flexibile. 

We also discussed the iRLO, and I need to see Prof Boyer in order to make it more "reusable" and also help the directions to be followed even while speech bubbles are up.

I need to link my wiki page and finish my annotated bibliography.  Make sure to review the requirements on the week ten lecture.  Also, view a classmate's as example.  For this assignment I would want to organize this the information carfully since it's all on one long page.  Images are accpetable and indenting would help as well.

There are many delicious worthy pages to go through, inculding all of the cool tools. 

No comments:

Post a Comment